We scored a significant win when the judge ordered the Province to stop demolition of the Foundry buildings until the full court hearing on February 26.
Since public attention has played a crucial role in this issue, it was critical to keep things simmering in the days leading up to the hearing. More than 300 people signed up to the 21-Day Challenge, agreeing to perform an easy, fun "virtual protest" assignment every day for the time remaining until the hearing.
Here are the tasks — they're all still relevant, feel free to do a few right now!
- Write a Google review of the Foundry Site
- Send a thank you note to Mayor John Tory for supporting this motion
- Email 10 contacts individually inviting them to sign our petition
- Post "I want to #SaveTheFoundry because..." on your social media feeds (Twitter link)
- Write Toronto Centre MP Marci Ien thanking her for taking a stand
- Put "Save the Foundry" and a link to our petition into your email signature
- Write one, two, or more of the 9 Toronto Conservative MPPs asking them to talk some sense into their colleagues
- Sit back, relax, and use our guided meditation to visualize your Foundry Dream
- Donate and/or ask others to donate to the Legal Defence Fund
- Respond to the Province's public consultation website; we suggest requesting clarification on how they intend to evaluate the input
- Send a picture of your favourite restored or adapted Toronto heritage building to Doug Ford and his ministers.
- Post one of our cool "Re-Imagine Heritage" badges (square version, rectangular version)
- Download and post some of our banners for Twitter or for Instagram "Saved: Why not the Foundry too?"
- Comment on a recent news article/column or YouTube video about the Foundry
- Challenge Minister Clark on his statement that "The first trigger for an MZO is that it has a (local municipal) council resolution"
- Publicly ask Minister Clark questions about the Agreement of Purchase and Sale cited on Page 6 of the Heritage Impact Assessment
- Post your #FoundryDream on social media in 50 words or less
- Help out related campaigns related to Pickering Wetlands, Small's Creek & Jimmie Simpson Park, and Highway 413
- Amplify this news item about the secret deal to sell the Foundry that was made one month before the MZO was issued
- Amplify additional news items that have come out (here, here, and here), and rebut Ford and Clark's defensive comments.